Due to the weather, the soccer Jamboree has been cancelled.
Good News Parkside Families!
The Preventative Dental Clinic has been providing services to students at the Parkside Elementary School for a number of years, similarly in all elementary schools across the Island. Due to scheduling, we were unable to continue the services at the school for the past few years. Students can receive preventative dental services at the Dental Public Health Office during the months of July and August, 2015.
Contact: Parents are invited to contact the dental clinic as soon as possible to book an appointment for your child/children at 902-888-8145.
Purpose of Dental Clinic: Screen children to determine risk of oral disease; provide oral health education, topical fluoride, scaling/polishing and sealants, according to your child’s individual needs.
Fees: The Health PEI Children’s Dental Care Program provides free preventative services.
Location of Dental Clinic: 205 Linden Ave., Public Health Building, Summerside, PEI.
Further Information: Please note that only preventative services will be provided and the screening is not a substitute for an annual dental examination. It is strongly recommended that parents take their children to a dentist for regular examinations and treatment. The Children’s Dental Care Program assists with the cost of basic dental care, delivered in private and public dental offices for children ages 3-17 who are not covered by a private dental insurance plan.
For more information, visit our websitewww.healthpei.ca/dentalhealth
A huge thanks to Mrs. Gallant for all of the hard word she put in preparing our students for the concert – everyone sang and played beautifully!
We would also like to thank all staff and student volunteers, your help was much appreciated!
Parkside’s annual Book Swap is coming up next week. Please bring in your gently used (read: in good condition) books that you would like to exchange!
To all parents and players:
- Please make sure you all take a look at your schedule to find out where you are playing.
- Remember to bring water, sunscreen (it’s supposed to be a corker of a day tomorrow), and your equipment.
On Tuesday, June 9 Parkside’s student body will present a spring concert. This year’s theme is “Movie Music.” Each class will perform familiar songs from popular movies.
- Students will present their concert twice: 11:00AM and 1:00PM. Families & guests may choose the concert time that is most convenient.
- Families & guests are asked to enter the school using the rear gym doors. Doors will be open 30 minutes prior to each concert’s starting time.
- Admission is free, although there will be a donation jar at the door. All proceeds will go directly towards instruments & resources for Parkside’s music programs.
On Monday, June 8, students involved in Parkside’s Primary Choir, Elementary Choir, Vocal Group, Show Band, and Art Club will present an evening of music and art!
- Students involved in the performance are asked to arrive at school between 5:30-5:45PM. Students should enter the school through the main doors. Guests should enter at the back of the gym.
- Guests may find seats and peruse the art gallery between 5:30-6:00 PM.
- The concert will begin at 6:00PM.
- Admission is free, although there will be a donation jar at the door. All proceeds will go directly towards the purchase of music & art supplies for Parkside’s programs.
Our June newsletter is now available.